Friday 11 January 2013

Zero Day by David Baldacci.

Zero Day (Puller, #1)Zero Day by David Baldacci

Genres: Thriller, mystery, crime, action.

Sometimes after you read a book, you instantly want to check more books from that author. That's exactly how I found Zero Day. I read Absolute Power  also by David Baldacci (which I will talk about it in a later post since I read it some time back) and loved it so much that I decided to check out more books from him.

So here's a very brief summary of the story:

John Puller, top investigator in the US Army’s CID is assigned to investigate a homicide involving Reynolds, who was about to retire from DIA, in Drake West Virginia. He teams up with a local cop, Samantha Cole. After some investigation, they realise that nothing is what it seems and the homicide is related to something far worse that they can imagine.

I found the story enjoyable to read. It was also full of suspense. Once you start reading it, you can't stop. Whenever I got free time, I picked up that book to continue reading it.

The other good thing about the story was that it wasn't too slow. The moment you start having the feeling that you are going to get bored, something new turns up.

There was also good character development by giving background information and relations between other minor and major characters. There was background story for almost each of the character in the story.

To reduce the tension while reading, there was also a bit of humor in the story. Not something that will make you laugh so hard that your stomach starts hurting, but enough to make you smile even in the midst of so much tension from the climax of the story.

There was only one minor downside I found in the story. I felt it was giving too much unnecessary information I some parts. For example there is a dream which Puller has. It gives so much detail that I sometimes just skim through it so that I can finish reading that part quickly. There were also descriptions of some of the weapons he uses. I felt that those were not really necessary and I just skimmed through it. However it still didn't affect my views towards the general story.

The ending of the story was also awesome. I didn't except anything like it. There were also other unexpected twists.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

How would you rate this book? Are your thoughts on the story the same as me or different? If you liked this, which other similar book would you recommend? Your comments are most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment