Tuesday 15 January 2013

Hack by Peter Wrenshall


Hack

Hack by Peter Wrenshall

Genres: Computers, Hacking

I found this while searching for some novels about hacking.

Here's the brief summary of the story:

The story is about a hacker, Karl Ripley, who is turned in by his friend when Karl hacks into in the Pentagon's computer. After being arrested and sent to jail, the FBI offers him a job to get a terrorist hacker, Malik. Karl is given new a identity, new parents and is back to high school so that he can get to Malik. He also has plans to get even with Knight, who turned him in.

I was highly disappointed by this book. I thought that this would be an exciting read, but I found the story kinda boring because I felt it dragged too much.

Even though I finished the book as it was quite a small one, I really didn't find any suspense that compelled me to finish it. The ending was a bit unexpected and not that good, in my opinion. [It turned out that the guys who offered the job to Malik were not the real FBI. So Karl was once again caught and there was nothing done about Malik and the fake FBI. i didn't even understand why the guys faking as the FBI even offered the job to Karl. Then after some small talk, Karl is set free. (hide spoiler)]

I see some good rating and reviews by the others, but honestly, I didn't find it that good.

My rating: 1 of 5 stars

How would you rate this book? Are your thoughts on the story the same as me or different? Your comments are most welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I wished it had explained things more and not have gone in an uneven pace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. The story was not explained in depth. Even the pace was not even. It started out well in first few pages, slowed down in the rest of the novel apart from the last few pages, where it became too fast.

      Delete